Thursday, July 14, 2011

Richardson

As a BSC Graduate Student, we are sometimes asked to perform the activities or lessons that we intend on implementing with our students.  On this gorgeous summer day, my professor had us complete as activity outside.  We had to pick an object and write about how it looks, sounds, feels, etc.  I could have chosen something concrete like a bench or street light… or something abstract like a shadow or the sun… BUT instead, I chose the best thing in site: The Richardson Complex.  I seem to have a one-direction mind, meaning that when I get to choose what to write about, you bet it’s Buffalo!  This would not be a model piece for my second graders, but it made me admire and appreciate the lesson.  I recreated the worksheet with my answers, below!


Creating Word Images

My Object: Richardson Complex

The Richardson Complex   looks like   an architectural treasure

The Richardson Complex   sounds like   ghosts haunting my every thought

The Richardson Complex   feels like   chills shivering down my spine

The Richardson Complex   tastes like   bitter desperation from those that encompassed it

The Richardson Complex   smells like   moisture drip-dropping from the window panes

One thing about this relic   is  how it emphasizes Buffalo’s glorious ambiance

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, NY
As a child, I liked to explore and be adventurous. Those attributes have followed me into adulthood. Every opportunity I get, I am engaged in what my beloved city has to offer. Buffalo is my playground! I was raised in a suburb of the city. I graduated from West Seneca East Senior High School in 2001 where I proceeded to go Medaille College where I earned a Bachelors of Science in Education. Within months I got a job teaching at a Charter School. I have had the wonderful privilege of teaching 4th and 2nd grade. In addition, I attend Buffalo State College where I am obtaining a Masters Degree in Education. My passion is history and more specifically, Buffalo History. When I am finished with my Masters, I intend on continuing my education to be able to proceed with all of my desired endeavors! Who knows, one day you may be voting for Danielle Huber for Mayor!